By entering this “Maxim Cover Girl Model Competition” (the “Competition”), individuals submitting entries (each an “Entrant” and collectively, the “Entrants”) accept and unconditionally agree to be bound by these Official Rules (the “Rules”). Grand Prize will be awarded in accordance with these Rules. Any violation of the Rules may, at Sponsor’s discretion, result in disqualification. All decisions of Sponsor regarding this Competition are final and binding in all respects.
- Sponsor. The Competition is sponsored by Crow Vote LLC., dba Maxim Cover Girl, 15220 North 75th Street, Scottsdale, AZ 85260 (“Sponsor”).
Except as otherwise permitted herein, only one entry per person will be accepted; all subsequent entries will be disregarded.
- Eligibility. All Entrants must be women who are age of majority and at least 18 years old or older on the date that the earliest of the Submitted Photographs (defined below) were taken. Entrants must be a legal resident or have been born in competition's respective country. Void where prohibited or otherwise restricted by applicable law.
Employees, representatives, and agents of Crow Vote LLC., Maxim Inc., and its and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, and their advertising and production companies and any family member or person domiciled with any of the foregoing (collectively, the "Promotion Entities"), are ineligible to participate.
Sponsor reserves the right to contact an Entrant to request resubmission of one or more of the Submitted Photographs and/or to request that the Entrant submit additional photos. While Entrants may have assistance in entering data and uploading the photographs, each Entrant must otherwise complete the entry forms herself. Any entries submitted by anyone other than the person appearing in the Submitted Photographs (including but not limited to entries submitted by modeling agencies) will be rejected. As set forth in greater detail below, submission of photographs and entry in the Competition constitutes consent to the use of the Submitted Photographs in Maxim magazine, Maxim branded digital apps and websites, and otherwise in connection with the Maxim brand, and in any and all media now known or hereafter discovered for the full duration of the copyright in the applicable Submitted Photographs. By entering into the Competition, Entrant represents and warrants that she owns or controls all necessary rights in the Submitted Photographs to grant Sponsor the rights described herein.
Submission of a qualifying entry grants Sponsor and its representatives and agents the right to publish, use, adapt, edit, and/or modify such entry in any way, in any and all media, without limitation and without consideration to Entrant. Submission of an entry further constitutes Entrant’s consent to irrevocably assign and transfer to Sponsor any and all rights, title, and interest in the entry, including, without limitation, all copyrights reserved.
- Preliminary Period. After entering the Competition, the Submitted Photographs may be placed on the Website, where they may be viewed by visitors to the Website. Entrants may be requested to submit additional images (the “Additional Photographs”) for publication on the Website, so long as such images do not display nipples or genitalia, are not obscene (as determined in the sole discretion of Sponsor), and do not infringe upon the rights of any person or entity, including but not limited to copyright, right of publicity, and right of privacy.
- Selection. Sponsor will, in its sole discretion, select among the Entrants (herein “Selected Entrants”) based upon their evaluation of the Entrants’ attractiveness and photogenic qualities, as well as the quality of the Submitted Photographs. Selected Entrants may be required to provide additional information or proof of copyright ownership. Sponsor reserves the right to contact an Entrant for any reason relating to the Competition.
Throughout multiple rounds, as set forth below in more detail, visitors to the Website will have an opportunity to vote for their favorites among the posted Selected Entrants from each group. In the event that any Selected Entrant is determined to be ineligible, or if a claim is made that she does not own or control sufficient rights in the Submitted Photographs to grant the requisite rights to Sponsor, after her photographs have been posted, she may be disqualified in Sponsor’s sole discretion and her photo(s) will be removed, but Sponsor is not obligated to replace her with another Selected Entrant. The selection of the Entrants throughout each round shall be within the sole discretion of Sponsor, whose decisions shall be final, and shall be based on the criteria listed herein.
Winning the Competition is not subject to random chance. The chances of being selected to proceed to each of the different rounds/phases of the Competition depend on the number of Entrants, on the judging criteria for each round/phase, and how well the Entrant rates on each such criterion compared to other Entrants. In the event of a tie, the Judging Panel shall judge the tied entries based upon the overall quality of each tied entry.
- Public voting. During each round of the Competition, individuals who are (18) eighteen years or older as of the date of voting who are also legal residents of the country in which they reside with a valid "Real" Facebook account (each a “Voter” and collectively the “Voters”) may cast one or more votes for one or more Entrants. Voters can earn credits to vote by doing the following: 1.) Voters will earn one credit every 24 hours (1 credit = 1 vote) by logging in to vote for their favorite Entrant and verifying voter eligibility with a “real” and established Facebook account. 2.) Voters can purchase additional credits to vote (for one or more Entrant). Qualifying votes shall only be cast in accordance with the instructions as listed in the Competition Terms and Conditions, which can be found on the Website. The Selected Entrants of each round of the Competition will be partially determined based upon the number of qualifying votes received. NOTE: IT IS NOT NECESSARY FOR ANY ENTRANT TO PAY AN ENTRY FEE, CAST A VOTE, OR TENDER A PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IN ORDER TO ENTER OR WIN THIS COMPETITION. ENTRANTS ARE NOT PERMITTED TO CAST PAID VOTES FOR THEMSELVES. “Bot” activity or any kind of robotic or automated voting mechanism is not an acceptable form of voting. If this type of false voting is detected by our server, the associated IP address will be banned from voting. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify Entrants suspected in partaking in this type of activity, or any other voting activity Sponsor deems unfair in its sole discretion. Promotion Entities also reserve the right, at their sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry or voting process or the operation of the Competition.
- Notification to Entrants. Selected Entrants for each round/phase and the Grand Prize Winner will be notified by email, telephone, or other means reasonably calculated to provide notice. Entrants consent to a background check that may be performed, at the sole discretion of Sponsor, to verify information provided by Entrants and compliance with these Rules, or for other reasons related to the Competition. If you are selected as the Grand Prize Winner, your information may also be included in a publicly available winner’s list.
- Grand Prize. The Grand Prize Winner will be photographed and appear in a double page feature spread in a future print issue of the U.S. edition of Maxim magazine, and may refer to herself as the “2018 Maxim Cover Girl Winner” in written and descriptive materials but only if such uses and displays are purely non-commercial and in no event suggest or create any confusion whatsoever that Sponsor or Maxim Inc. are endorsing or participating in any manner related to the use of its name, logos, or fonts. Specific 2018 issues of Maxim USA are to be determined based on editorial approval.
The Grand Prize Winner will be photographed by a professional photographer situated near the Grand Prize Winner’s residence. The Grand Prize Winner must be available for the photo shoot within 30 days after the competition ends, with specific dates to be determined. If the Grand Prize Winner is not available, an alternate winner may be selected, time permitting, 10 days after the competition ends. The Grand Prize Winner will receive a cash honorarium of $25,000. Cash winnings will be provided after receiving all necessary documentation in compliance with Competition eligibility and successful completion of feature photography at the Sponsor’s designated location. By agreeing to appear as the winner of the Competition, the Grand Prize Winner consents to the use of her name, photos, and/or likenesses for advertising and trade purposes in connection with the Maxim brand, including without limitation, the Maxim Cover Girl Competition, in any and all media known or hereinafter discovered without territorial or time limitations and without additional compensation, except where prohibited. No Grand Prize substitutions or cash redemptions allowed. By accepting prize money, the Grand Prize Winner acknowledges compliance with these Rules. To the extent that any federal and/or state income or other taxes apply to the value of the prize(s) and/or award(s) provided to the Grand Prize Winner, the Grand Prize Winner shall be solely responsible for the reporting and payment of such taxes. The Grand Prize Winner must have all necessary identification and/or travel documents.
- Conduct. By entering, Entrants: (i) agree that all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Rules, Entrant’s rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Competition, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Arizona without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules, and (ii) irrevocably consent to the jurisdiction and venue of the federal, state, and local courts located in Maricopa County, Arizona. Failure to comply with these Rules may result in disqualification. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual: (a) acting in any manner deemed by Sponsor to be in violation of these Rules; or (b) acting in any manner deemed by Sponsor to be unsportsmanlike, disruptive, and/or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other person. CAUTION: ENTRANTS ARE NOT PERMITTED TO CAST PAID VOTES FOR THEMSELVES, ENTRANTS CAUGHT UTILIZING THEIR PERSONAL PAYMENT METHODS AND CASTING PAID VOTES FOR THEMSELVES MAY BE SUBJECT TO DISQUALIFICATION. ANY ATTEMPT BY A USER OR ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE COMPETITION IS IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND, SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND COSTS (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ATTORNEYS’ FEES) FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- Verification of winner. Potential winners will be required to execute an affidavit of eligibility, a liability/publicity release, and other documents (“Prize Claim Documents”), as may be required or permitted by law. If any potential winner fails or refuses to sign and return all Prize Claim Documents within fourteen (14) days of prize notifications sent, the winner may be disqualified and an alternate winner may be determined/selected. Sponsor is not responsible for any change in address of Entrants. By accepting a prize, the Winner agrees to maintain her behavior in accordance with all applicable laws and generally accepted social practices while participating in any Competition activity, including but not limited to participation in or use of a prize. The Winner understands and further agrees that Sponsor has the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify and remove the Winner from any activity at any time if Sponsor determines that the Winner’s behavior at any point is disruptive or inappropriate or may or does cause damage to person, property, or the reputation of Sponsor, or otherwise violates the policies of the prize providers.
- DISCLAIMER AND RELEASE OF LIABILITY. SPONSOR, PROMOTION ENTITIES, AND ALL PRIZE PROVIDERS ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INCORRECT OR INACCURATE ENTRY INFORMATION, HUMAN ERROR, TECHNICAL MALFUNCTION, FAILURES, OMISSION, INTERRUPTION, DELETION, OR DEFECT OF ANY TELEPHONE NETWORK, COMPUTER ONLINE SYSTEMS, COMPUTER EQUIPMENT, SERVERS, ACCESS PROVIDERS, OR SOFTWARE, INCLUDING ANY INJURY OR DAMAGE TO PARTICIPANTS OR ANY OTHER PERSONS’ COMPUTER RELATING TO OR RESULTING FROM PARTICIPATION IN THIS COMPETITION; INABILITY TO ACCESS THE ENTRY WEBSITE OR ANY PAGES THEREOF; THEFT; TAMPERING; DESTRUCTION; OR UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO, OR ALTERATION OF ENTRIES; ENTRY SUBMISSIONS THAT ARE PROCESSED LATE OR INCORRECTLY OR ARE INCOMPLETE, GARBLED, OR LOST DUE TO COMPUTER OR ELECTRONIC MALFUNCTION OR TRAFFIC CONGESTION ON THE INTERNET OR ANY WEBSITE. PROOF OF ENTERING INFORMATION ON THE WEBSITE IS NOT CONSIDERED PROOF OF DELIVERY OR RECEIPT. ALL DATES SET FORTH IN THESE OFFICIAL RULES ARE APPROXIMATE. SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO EXTEND ANY DEADLINES. ALL ENTRIES AND ANY OTHER MATERIALS SUBMITTED (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO PHOTOGRAPHS) BECOME THE SOLE PROPERTY OF SPONSOR AND WILL NOT BE RETURNED OR ACKNOWLEDGED. FALSE AND/OR DECEPTIVE ENTRIES OR ACCOUNTS SHALL RENDER ENTRY INELIGIBLE.
ALL DECISIONS OF SPONSOR SHALL BE FINAL AND CONCLUSIVE ON ALL MATTERS RELATING TO THE COMPETITION.
ALL ENTRANTS, SELECTED ENTRANTS, AND THE GRAND PRIZE WINNER RELEASE, DEFEND, INDEMNIFY, AND HOLD HARMLESS SPONSOR, PROMOTION ENTITIES, AND ALL PRIZE PROVIDERS, AND THE OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, CONTRACTORS, AND AGENTS OF EACH, FROM AND AGAINST ANY AND ALL LIABILITY WITH RESPECT TO, OR IN ANY WAY ARISING FROM, IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, THIS COMPETITION, PUBLICATION OR USE OF THE SUBMITTED PHOTOGRAPHS OR ADDITIONAL PHOTOGRAPHS, ENTRANTS’ NAMES AND LIKENESSES, AND/OR ACCEPTANCE, USE, MISUSE, LOSS, OR MISDIRECTION OF THE PRIZE, INCLUDING LIABILITY FOR PERSONAL INJURY, DEATH, DAMAGES, OR MONETARY LOSS.
IN NO EVENT SHALL SPONSOR, PROMOTION ENTITIES, OR ANY PRIZE PROVIDER BE LIABLE OR OBLIGATED TO AN ENTRANT, SELECTED ENTRANT, GRAND PRIZE WINNER, OR ANY THIRD PARTY IN ANY MANNER FOR ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, EXEMPLARY, CONSEQUENTIAL, PUNITIVE, OR INDIRECT DAMAGES OF ANY KIND REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF ACTION, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT PRODUCT LIABILITY, OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF INFORMED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF ANY SUCH DAMAGES IN ADVANCE. THIS SECTION SHALL APPLY TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW AND NOTWITHSTANDING THE FAILURE OF ANY LIMITED REMEDY.
All causes of action arising out of or connected with this promotion, or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and any and all claims, judgments, and award shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, excluding attorneys’ fees and court costs.
- Contact Information. If you have any questions or comments about the Competition as outlined above, please contact Sponsor by using our contact form.
- Important. This Competition is not in any manner sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or associated with, Facebook or Instagram.